Friday, September 27, 2013

My Experience at HPIAM

HPIAM has been good to me. As a freshman I had no idea what to expect. High School is a bit scary but thankfully I felt welcomed by the staff here at Linda. I am a bit slow but adapting to this school has not been difficult at all. I think that HPIAM has given me a lot of freedom compared to the freedom in middle school. Although we have to wear uniform we still have a chance to be individuals. There aren’t many restricted areas so my friends and I can hang out almost anywhere us feeling comfortable. I feel very safe here and since this campus is new I find it quite beautiful. It is kept clean as well. I love the fact that there are so many clubs and extracurricular activities. They keep our mind off school for a bit and let us enjoy our talents and display them. We have a chance to begin our own clubs if we feel like we aren’t interested in what is available. One of my absolute favorite things about the school is the fact that 8 AP classes are offered. Although some students are not as thrilled as I am because they fear advanced placement classes I am mesmerized by the opportunity to be able to take these courses. I am fully aware that these will be very useful in years ahead and even now. I hope my hard work pays off. I like how friendly staff is. I am not afraid to walk up and talk to an adult here because they treat me with respect and take into account what I have to say. Our principal M.C. is so friendly. I love the fact that he is involved with the student body and supports us so much. I feel like he wants us to succeed, and we can be honest with him because he is so easy to talk to. HPIAM has been good to me and I expect to do the same to it. I have learned many things these past few weeks and am excited to learn more. I hope to give back to this wonderful school. GO GLADIATORS! And CHOOSE THE RIGHT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment